The list of gadgets that we charge on a daily basis continues to grow (so much that I needed to buy a new power strip to handle the number of wires).
But how much time do we spend re-charging OUR energy each day? I start to get anxious when my iPhone runs below 80% power, but I often don’t think twice when I don’t get enough sleep or skip meals.
When our electronics break down, we buy new ones to replace them without a second thought (you probably have a box full of orphaned cords and chargers to prove it!).
With our health and well-being, we don’t have that option, so making time to re-charge is even more critical. Here are some things to try:
– Turn in 30 minutes earlier each weeknight and/or take a brief nap on the weekend. Sleep is the ultimate vitamin.
– Carry water with you. Hydration is the key fuel of metabolism (how we create energy!).
– Avoid over-scheduling. Add two 30-minute breaks into your day to relax (or at least try to catch up).
– Move! Especially when feeling sluggish. A brief walk or some yoga moves will perk you up. Sound counter-intuitive? Try it!
– Fuel up. What we eat matters. We all enjoy a night out for beers and fries (or wine and dessert!), but make these the exception. Its simple math. Eat better, feel better.
– Spend time with people who feed your soul. A quick coffee meeting or phone chat with a good friend can do wonders for the spirit.
– And the best idea? Unplug! Leave those electronic gadgets at home while you head outside and enjoy the sunshine!