Networking is all about building relationships. One of the best ways to do that is to find ways to help your contacts to achieve their goals. Here are 10 easy ways to pay it forward with your contacts:
- Introduce them to someone in your network who may be a mutually beneficial contact.
- Invite them to a networking or professional event they might find interesting.
- Write a recommendation or endorse your contact on Linked In.
- “Like” your contact’s Facebook page and share (or re-tweet) their posts with your network.
- Share a powerful article or tip on a social media site that provides insightful professional information.
- Refer a potential new client to your contact or pass along their business cards.
- Write a testimonial they can post on their website or use for marketing brochures.
- Listen for potential personal needs (i.e., new dentist, referral for a good mechanic or vet) and make recommendations when able.
- Share news, jobs, competitor info, ideas and other information relevant to their field or business.
- Ask how you can help. Sometimes this is the easiest way to find out what would be most useful to your contacts.
In the words of Zig Ziglar, “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”