Linked In has become one of the most powerful tools in career management. And the more you use it, the more it can work for you. Here are 5 easy ways to enhance your Profile in less than 30 minutes:
- Headshot. Don’t leave this space blank. Uploading a professional picture increases trust of those you connect with online. Be sure it is current and not a cropped family photo or a party snapshot.
- Headline. Write a compelling headline. Don’t simply resort to your job title. Instead, select non-generic words that are descriptive, searchable and showcase what you do best. For example: Website Developer | SEO Expert | Creative Marketing Coach
- Customize your URL. You can customize your Linked In URL with your name (under “Settings” and “Edit your Public Profile”), so that it looks more professional on documents like your resume. For example: www.LinkedIn.com/In/DrDawnGraham
- Complete More Sections. Don’t stop after updating your Experience and Education. Add information to the many other available Sections to optimize your Profile. Consider adding Honors, Certifications, Organizations, Courses, Projects, Publications or Languages.
- Current Contact Info. Edit your contact data (bottom right in the Header Box) to be sure it contains the correct details. You can include a website, phone number, e-mail, Twitter link and more so your contacts can learn more about you.