Like sleep, hydration and movement are the foundation of physical health, networking is the foundation of your career health.
- Resume lost in application cyberspace?
- Ask an internal contact to shepherd it to the Hiring Manager.
- Not sure what your next career step is?
- Re-connect with a former boss to gain perspective on your professional strengths.
- Can’t get your foot in the door as a career switcher?
- Attend an industry event to meet people in the field.
- Looking to bolster your customer base?
- Host a Happy Hour for 15 of your best customers at a local hot spot.
- Need extra support from the Finance Team this coming busy season?
- Bring them coffee and bagels one morning and get to know them better.
- Building a career as a thought leader?
- Cross-market your blogs with others in the industry to boost both your brands.
- Stuck solving the impossible problem at work?
- Reach out to that college friend known for coming up with novel solutions.
- Feeling bored and in need of new challenges?
- Set up individual lunches with colleagues outside of your department to learn what projects are on the horizon.
- Ready for a promotion?
- Collaborate with your Boss on strategies for getting in front of your future peers.
- Looking for that next great invention or idea?
- Chat up the stranger next to you on the plane or ask 5 friends what keeps them awake at night.
- Satisfied in your career and doing well?
- Help others get ahead by writing a recommendation or introducing them to a well-connected colleague.
- In-laws coming to town and expecting an authentic Italian meal?
- Hit up the Foodie in the HR Department who’s always posting the latest recipes in the monthly newsletter.
- Never want to look for a job again?
- Build a strong brand with your network and stay top of mind.
Like an apple a day keeps the doctor away, regular networking can cure what ails your career.